booksBnimble celebrates the world of books. We want to be part of the newest innovations in that world to insure that it thrives, that it continues to inspire, and that it finds vitality by expanding the world of readers.
We didn’t choose our name lightly. As the written word goes through its biggest change since Gutenberg, publishers and authors alike are going have to be nimble, quick, and flexible to keep up with growing opportunities. It’s humbling, it’s staggering, it’s downright electrifying to think of the ways you can tweak traditional storytelling these days.
If you want pictures or videos to illustrate your novel, it’s not only possible, it’s not even very difficult or expensive. With ebooks, you can literally do almost anything your imagination can dream up. And we want to do it all.
- The Worst Day of My Life, So Far - IT’S A GOOD DAY WHEN YOU DON’T RESORT TO RAT POISON Twelve years ago, M.A. Harper was one of the first to tackle Alzheimer’s as a proper subject for fiction. The result was wickedly entertaining, touching, and worthy of a re-read! So here it is in digital form, just as moving, just as funny, and […]
- Double Blind - Carrie Bedford’s DOUBLE BLIND just became available for pre-order, and it’s got something awesome in it –a secret link for a fantastic giveaway! Just click the link at the back of the book to enter the contest and win a Gift Bag for Mystery Lovers (especially British mysteries) First prize is everything you need […]
- Make Me Dead…Make Me Laugh - The long-awaited sequel to Adrienne Barbeau’s “engaging, sinister romp” Love Bites is here! One part comic mystery, one part police procedural, a little bit supernatural and a little bit occult, Make Me Dead is now available for pre-order on amazon.com—for only 99 cents. As always in a Vampyres of Hollywood mystery, the biting wit is […]
- Alex Glauberman’s Going Digital - Hang onto your armchairs… the complete Alex Glauberman mystery series has gone digital. All three ebooks are now available for pre-order on Amazon.com. Alex Glauberman’s one of the nicest Bostonians you’ll ever meet—a 41-year-old divorced father with a brilliant British girl friend, a hobby-turned-career fixing foreign cars, and an occasional habit playing reluctant private detective. […]
- Patty Friedmann’s Do Not Open for 50 Years is here! - Fantastic news for fans of Patty Friedmann! Do Not Open for 50 Years, the long-awaited tragicomic sequel to Friedmann’s highly acclaimed bestseller Too Jewish, is now available for pre-order–both as ebook and in print! Friedmann, master storyteller of wacky southern family drama, presents a world turned upside down when Hurricane Katrina hits New Orleans, blasting […]
- Diamonds in the Sky: a Digital Book Award finalist! - Break out the champagne! M.A. Harper’s Diamonds in the Sky was just chosen as a Digital Book Award finalist (the veritable Oscars of ebooks)! This beautifully-crafted love story is now on sale for only 99 cents.
- Great News for fans of M.A. Harper! - SOME FIRES JUST WON’T GO OUT–AN ADVENTURE WITH AN EX… You know how you loved GHOST IN THE BEDROOM? Now M.A. Harper’s produced a thrill-packed prequel that gives us poignant insight into the romance so passionate, so deep and consuming it caused a dead man to come back. And guess what? It wasn’t the first […]
- September Specials - First let us say how proud we are to introduce an uber-talented new writer, Carrie Bedford, author of The Aura, a paranormal mystery about a young London architect who can tell who’s going to die. And then she learns she can reverse the course of death—by an ounce of prevention. Quite a responsibility! But of course […]
- BooksBnimble in the News! - We’re thrilled to be featured in today’s New Orleans Times-Picayune business section. Author and booksBnimble founder Julie Smith talks to journalist Katherine Sayre about trying to write post-Katrina, the ins and outs of starting her own e-book publishing company, and working with local authors, including dark humorist Patty Friedmann. The piece is re-printed below, but […]
- Killer Femmes: Get to Know the Authors! - Just a little more info about Killer Femmes, courtesy of Libby Hellmann, one of the bundle’s terrific authors: The Killer Femmes “bundle” (also available on Nook, Kobo, and iBooks) is special because I’m sharing space with some of my favorite authors in the crime fiction community. They are all terrific writers, and I gobble up their books as […]