booksBnimble celebrates the world of books. We want to be part of the newest innovations in that world to insure that it thrives, that it continues to inspire, and that it finds vitality by expanding the world of readers.
We didn’t choose our name lightly. As the written word goes through its biggest change since Gutenberg, publishers and authors alike are going have to be nimble, quick, and flexible to keep up with growing opportunities. It’s humbling, it’s staggering, it’s downright electrifying to think of the ways you can tweak traditional storytelling these days.
If you want pictures or videos to illustrate your novel, it’s not only possible, it’s not even very difficult or expensive. With ebooks, you can literally do almost anything your imagination can dream up. And we want to do it all.
- Diamonds in the Sky: a Digital Book Award finalist! - Break out the champagne! M.A. Harper’s Diamonds in the Sky was just chosen as a Digital Book Award finalist (the veritable Oscars of ebooks)! This beautifully-crafted love story is now on sale for only 99 cents. If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to the RSS feed to have future […]
- Great News for fans of M.A. Harper! - SOME FIRES JUST WON’T GO OUT–AN ADVENTURE WITH AN EX… You know how you loved GHOST IN THE BEDROOM? Now M.A. Harper’s produced a thrill-packed prequel that gives us poignant insight into the romance so passionate, so deep and consuming it caused a dead man to come back. And guess what? It wasn’t the first […]
- September Specials - First let us say how proud we are to introduce an uber-talented new writer, Carrie Bedford, author of The Aura, a paranormal mystery about a young London architect who can tell who’s going to die. And then she learns she can reverse the course of death—by an ounce of prevention. Quite a responsibility! But of course […]
- BooksBnimble in the News! - We’re thrilled to be featured in today’s New Orleans Times-Picayune business section. Author and booksBnimble founder Julie Smith talks to journalist Katherine Sayre about trying to write post-Katrina, the ins and outs of starting her own e-book publishing company, and working with local authors, including dark humorist Patty Friedmann. The piece is re-printed below, but […]
- Killer Femmes: Get to Know the Authors! - Just a little more info about Killer Femmes, courtesy of Libby Hellmann, one of the bundle’s terrific authors: The Killer Femmes “bundle” (also available on Nook, Kobo, and iBooks) is special because I’m sharing space with some of my favorite authors in the crime fiction community. They are all terrific writers, and I gobble up their books as […]
- Killer Femmes at a Killer Price - Looking for the ideal summer beach read? Look no further. We’re thrilled to announce Julie Smith’s joined up with four other dynamite authors in Killer Femmes, a supergroup box set of irresistible crime novels from around the world–now available online! Featuring compelling female sleuths on the prowl in exotic places and written by equally […]
- A CONFEDERACY OF DUNCES Meets THE CORRECTIONS, A Satirical Mother’s Day Treat - Just in time for Mother’s Day: Queen satirist Patty Friedmann has penned a fascinating, almost Tolstoyan dark comedy about a southern family like no other. The monarch of said family? The irrepressible Jerusha Bailey, a mother so ferocious and misguided in her opinions that she’s downright enthralling. Born and bred in a working class New […]
- Tubby Dubonnet and Paul Mcdonald take their adventures to Nook, Kobo & Kindle: for free! - Great news for voracious mystery readers who also happen to love wry, quirky, and utterly hilarious male protagonists. Tony Dunbar’s short story Envision This and Julie Smith’s novel True-Life Adventure, first in the Paul Mcdonald series, are now available for free! Envision This introduces Tubby Dubonnet: easygoing, quick-thinking New Orleans attorney-turned-sleuth and the star of […]
- New to Kindle: M.A. Harper’s Diamonds in the Sky - M.A. Harper’s newest novel is here! For fans of literary fiction and romance alike, Diamonds in the Sky weaves tales of UFO sightings and a long-lost family gem into a truly magical, beautifully-crafted love story. When struggling artist/shoe clerk Caddy Keyhoe stumbles across what may be a lost and untraceable diamond, her first reaction […]
- In Celebration of Indie Bookstores… - Let’s hear it for print! We’re plain tired of book-lovers sounding like members of Congress when the subject of print v. digital comes up. We can’t help wondering what’s up with the v.? Why should there be an adversary relationship? We read print books as well as digital, and we shop at indie bookstores. Which […]