booksBnimble celebrates the world of books. We want to be part of the newest innovations in that world to insure that it thrives, that it continues to inspire, and that it finds vitality by expanding the world of readers.
We didn’t choose our name lightly. As the written word goes through its biggest change since Gutenberg, publishers and authors alike are going have to be nimble, quick, and flexible to keep up with growing opportunities. It’s humbling, it’s staggering, it’s downright electrifying to think of the ways you can tweak traditional storytelling these days.
If you want pictures or videos to illustrate your novel, it’s not only possible, it’s not even very difficult or expensive. With ebooks, you can literally do almost anything your imagination can dream up. And we want to do it all.
- Tubby Dubonnet and Paul Mcdonald take their adventures to Nook, Kobo & Kindle: for free! - Great news for voracious mystery readers who also happen to love wry, quirky, and utterly hilarious male protagonists. Tony Dunbar’s short story Envision This and Julie Smith’s novel True-Life Adventure, first in the Paul Mcdonald series, are now available for free! Envision This introduces Tubby Dubonnet: easygoing, quick-thinking New Orleans attorney-turned-sleuth and the star of […]
- New to Kindle: M.A. Harper’s Diamonds in the Sky - M.A. Harper’s newest novel is here! For fans of literary fiction and romance alike, Diamonds in the Sky weaves tales of UFO sightings and a long-lost family gem into a truly magical, beautifully-crafted love story. When struggling artist/shoe clerk Caddy Keyhoe stumbles across what may be a lost and untraceable diamond, her first reaction […]
- In Celebration of Indie Bookstores… - Let’s hear it for print! We’re plain tired of book-lovers sounding like members of Congress when the subject of print v. digital comes up. We can’t help wondering what’s up with the v.? Why should there be an adversary relationship? We read print books as well as digital, and we shop at indie bookstores. Which […]
- Complete Tubby Dubonnet mystery series now on Kindle - Voracious murder mystery readers aching for a trip to the Big Easy, a satisfying legal thriller, a good laugh, and a soft shell crab po’ boy (plus a sazerac for later) will be happy to know the complete Tubby Dubonnet series is now available on kindle. The most recent of Tubby’s Creole-Foodie-Noir outings are Shelter […]
- Mindfulness: What is THAT? - Today’s post is by Whitney Stewart, New Orleans educator and author of booksBnimble’s own Give Me A Break: Beginning Meditation for Mindfulness, Stress Relief, and Anxiety Management. Mindfulness—it’s everywhere and nowhere. The New York Times, Huffington Post, NPR, Daily Mail, and Time all ran pieces on mindfulness in the first week of November 2013. But […]
- New to Kindle: Michaela Thompson’s A Temporary Ghost - Georgia Lee Maxwell’s back, mes amis! Everybody’s favorite bright, kooky, and utterly adorable southern journalist-turned-France transplant returns in Michaela Thompson’s newest international cozy, now available as an ebook. In her second adventure, Georgia Lee leaves Paris for Provence, where she’s offered a lucrative ghost-writing job. But her co-author, suspected murderess Vivien Howard, the widow of […]
- New to Kindle: Patty Friedmann’s Eleanor Rushing, A Whacked Romance - “I think it is impossible to change the world unless you are truly evil and so mad for control you never sleep. And it’s ridiculous to try to change yourself at all. Scientists have studied identical twins who feel pain in the gut at the same time, as if everything were laid out from the […]
- New to Kindle: Lee Pryor’s The Savvy Manager: A Guide to Running Your Fast-Growing Business - Serial entrepreneur Lee Pryor thinks starting a new business and successfully managing its growth is one of the most important and satisfying things a person can do. From company culture through long-term strategy, this hands-on guide for start-up managers covers leadership, raising money, hiring, and communication. And now it’s available at at a bargain price […]
- New to Kindle: Thrillers in Paradise and the Paul Mcdonald Mysteries - As the summer winds down and the AC idles on high, we could all use a little bit of excitement. Luckily, booksBnimble has had a busy past few months. We’re proud to announce a handful of suspenseful new goodies: both of Julie Smith’s Paul Mcdonald mysteries and all three of Rob Swigart’s Thrillers in Paradise—featuring […]
- “My Luddite Friends Hate eBooks!”: Your Response to the Digital Naysayers - One of our nicest, sweetest, lowest maintenance authors just asked our least favorite question. Least favorite because a lot of authors ask it, the answer’s complicated, and it requires reading the future. But it is worth talking about, so let’s talk. Here’s the question: “My naysayer Luddite writer friends who keep telling me ebooks aren’t […]