booksBnimble celebrates the world of books. We want to be part of the newest innovations in that world to insure that it thrives, that it continues to inspire, and that it finds vitality by expanding the world of readers.
We didn’t choose our name lightly. As the written word goes through its biggest change since Gutenberg, publishers and authors alike are going have to be nimble, quick, and flexible to keep up with growing opportunities. It’s humbling, it’s staggering, it’s downright electrifying to think of the ways you can tweak traditional storytelling these days.
If you want pictures or videos to illustrate your novel, it’s not only possible, it’s not even very difficult or expensive. With ebooks, you can literally do almost anything your imagination can dream up. And we want to do it all.
- Mindfulness: What is THAT? - Today’s post is by Whitney Stewart, New Orleans educator and author of booksBnimble’s own Give Me A Break: Beginning Meditation for Mindfulness, Stress Relief, and Anxiety Management. Mindfulness—it’s everywhere and nowhere. The New York Times, Huffington Post, NPR, Daily Mail, and Time all ran pieces on mindfulness in the first week of November 2013. But […]
- New to Kindle: Michaela Thompson’s A Temporary Ghost - Georgia Lee Maxwell’s back, mes amis! Everybody’s favorite bright, kooky, and utterly adorable southern journalist-turned-France transplant returns in Michaela Thompson’s newest international cozy, now available as an ebook. In her second adventure, Georgia Lee leaves Paris for Provence, where she’s offered a lucrative ghost-writing job. But her co-author, suspected murderess Vivien Howard, the widow of […]
- New to Kindle: Patty Friedmann’s Eleanor Rushing, A Whacked Romance - “I think it is impossible to change the world unless you are truly evil and so mad for control you never sleep. And it’s ridiculous to try to change yourself at all. Scientists have studied identical twins who feel pain in the gut at the same time, as if everything were laid out from the […]
- New to Kindle: Lee Pryor’s The Savvy Manager: A Guide to Running Your Fast-Growing Business - Serial entrepreneur Lee Pryor thinks starting a new business and successfully managing its growth is one of the most important and satisfying things a person can do. From company culture through long-term strategy, this hands-on guide for start-up managers covers leadership, raising money, hiring, and communication. And now it’s available at at a bargain price […]
- New to Kindle: Thrillers in Paradise and the Paul Mcdonald Mysteries - As the summer winds down and the AC idles on high, we could all use a little bit of excitement. Luckily, booksBnimble has had a busy past few months. We’re proud to announce a handful of suspenseful new goodies: both of Julie Smith’s Paul Mcdonald mysteries and all three of Rob Swigart’s Thrillers in Paradise—featuring […]
- “My Luddite Friends Hate eBooks!”: Your Response to the Digital Naysayers - One of our nicest, sweetest, lowest maintenance authors just asked our least favorite question. Least favorite because a lot of authors ask it, the answer’s complicated, and it requires reading the future. But it is worth talking about, so let’s talk. Here’s the question: “My naysayer Luddite writer friends who keep telling me ebooks aren’t […]
- First comes divorce. Then comes murder. - …or at least sweet thoughts of murder. Fans of Michaela Thompson’s work will be sure to enjoy her newest bookBnimble adventure, a Mad Men-esque 70s murder mystery set in San Francisco. Dubbed “wickedly delicious” by the San Francisco Examiner, Paper Phoenix is told through the eyes of Maggie Longstreet, who just so happens to […]
- Romance is the Best Pain-Killer - Cupid’s working overtime in the unlikely venue of N.O. Drugs in Patty Friedmann’s newest release Pick-Up Line, where plus-sized beauty Ciana Jambon works with dread-locked pharmacy student Lennon Israel, who’s so handsome, so meticulous he just has to be gay. But she can’t help herself—she’s got the crush of the century. Unbeknownst to her, Lennon’s […]
- Murder, Politics, and Strange Bedfellows - We’re happy to introduce award-winning author Shelley Singer’s Jake Samson series to kindle, sure to delight mystery fans and Bay area aficionados alike. Samson’s Deal, first in the series, has been called a “wonderfully wry narrative.” It introduces ex-Chicago-cop Jake Samson, who is tired of the rat race. He’s living in laid back Oakland, California […]
- New to Kindle: Rob Swigart’s Thrillers in Paradise - As the first day of summer approaches, we all get to thinking about taking a much-needed vacation. And what better companion for a trip than Rob Swigart’s psychological Thrillers in Paradise? Newly published as an ebook and first in this suspenseful series, Vector centers around a terrifying conspiracy, a ruthless cabal, and a weapon […]